An argumentative essay is built over a stance to investigate the main topic in detail and defend it using supporting arguments. There are many topics that can be used to write an argumentative essay.
In these types of essays, the students have to collect data for their arguments and have to move forward with the discussion in a very concise manner. Pieces of evidence are collected and properly evaluated to make the stance strong through which a position is established.
In order to write an argumentative essay, you need to develop your stance on the topic. The purpose of the argumentative essay is to convince the audience on your developed stance.
Your argumentative essay will fail if it does not convince the target audience. To further increase the influence in the essay, you need to add paragraph related to counter arguments. It further verifies your stance on the topic.
The most common topics for this year are related to the pandemic and the impact that it has. Several other topics are also used for argumentative essays. You can become a good essay writer once you start practicing the argumentative essay because it is one of the most commonly used types of essay.
Topics for the Current Times
- How the pandemic has changed humans’ attitude towards nature
- The effect of the pandemic on economic growth around the world
- The concept of distance learning in the pandemic
- Pros and Cons of distance learning
- The major changes in the tourism industry during the pandemic
- The sphere of the sports industry during the pandemic
- The backdrop of pandemic and political relations
- Getting jobs in Covid-19
- Unemployment and the Pandemic
- The psychological impact of Covid-19
- Can Long-distance relationships be hard
- Healthy Parent-Child relationship
- Having a good company is important
- Problems in the life of a teenager
- Should the use of cell phones be allowed at schools?
- Sex Education should not be taken as useless
- Teen Pregnancy
- Mental strength is crucial in the workplace
- Pros and Cons of Social Networking
- Role of family in the 21st Century
- Should Abortion be criminalized?
- Implementation of death sentences around the globe
- Should selling and producing tobacco be legal
- Vaping is not as harmful as cigarette
- Recycling must be a compulsion
- Role of social media in teenage depression
- Should girls take part in the boys' sports team?
- Should Higher Education be funded?
- The perfect education system
- Should stray animals be euthanized?
Many students consider it difficult to write a persuasive speech due to lack of good writing and research skills.
If you want to develop a good speech, try to focus on good research and writing skills. Provide supporting evidence to every claim or argument which you raise in the speech. The success of a speech also depends upon the selection of a good topic.
Speech Topics for Students
- Students should enjoy campus life because it is short-lived
- Students can learn great things from study groups because of different ideas and perspectives
- Headphones or earplugs must be used by those who share rooms with other students
- The significant impact of changing a major in university
- The mystery of the Bermuda triangle
- Should prostitution be made legal in the country?
- The best answer to every problem is Smiling
- Listen carefully before you respond
- A man is known by the company he keeps
- Smart work is better than hard work
- Role of a mentor in every student’s life
- Looking for a job before passing out
- Learn basic skills before going to college
- The study schedule should not be put late at night
- On-campus jobs are helpful for students
- Boys and girls both can suffer peer pressure. How to avoid it?
- Sports and Extracurricular activities are an important part of student life
- Visiting the college before taking admission
- Tour guide is an important activity for students
- Health risks with Fast Food
- Maintaining health on a diet
- Food for a healthy mind and body
- What is Life without good health?
- The secret to fresh and healthy skin
- Disadvantages of dark chocolate
- Alcohol and its harmful effects
- Living with diabetes and dealing with it
- Restaurant food is not as healthy as home food
- Should we go vegan for the rest of our lives
- Do diet plans work?
If I would have been in your place and been assigned to write my essay on a persuasive topic, and had no clue how, to begin with, I would have been as confused as you might be feeling right now. But don’t worry, we have got you covered!
I’ve put up a massive selection of mind-blowing argumentative persuasive essay topics for you to choose from.
- Should interns be compensated for their efforts?
- Should all children at public schools be required to receive vaccinations?
- Is there an advantage to purchasing an automobile over leasing one?
- Is there a moral imperative to assist those in need?
- Being a vegetarian has its drawbacks.
- Should exotic wild creatures like monkeys and tigers be allowed as pets?
- Should high school journalists be entitled to First Amendment protection?
- Instead of letter grades, some colleges use pass/fail grades.
- Reasons why R-rated films should be off-limits to teens
- Is it a good idea to compensate individuals who walk or ride their bikes to work?
- What effect will Brexit have on the United Kingdom?
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Should older folks be able to take the bus for free?
- Women should compete in the same sports as men for a variety of reasons.
- Should professors and instructors be objective in the classroom?
- Is it obligatory to tip waiters and waitresses in restaurants?
- What are the arguments for legalizing human cloning?
- Can renewable energy be advantageous?
- What effect does the media's promotion of beauty standards have?
- Does the media cause the moral decay of teenagers?
- Is it necessary for all pupils to study a foreign language?
- Is internet learning or homeschooling a good method to learn?
- Should standardized testing determine if you advance to the next grade level?
- Should college students who participate in sports get paid?
- Should it be compulsory for all athletes to go through drug tests?
- Should wealthy people pay higher taxes?
- Should it be compulsory for all athletes to go through drug tests?
- Should all athletes be paid equally regardless of their gender?
- Are athletes allowed to use steroids in some cases?
- Do college teams need funding?
These essays might be tricky to write in the beginning because students are not very familiar with the structure and defending their argument. In these difficult times, the students might find it hard to keep up with their deadlines along with other activities for which they can always opt for ‘write my essay’ service offered by different writing companies and websites.
This can be very helpful for the students to score good grades in their class. You can also get your work done in a given time apart from the topics mentioned here above. Remember, argumentative essays can be on any topic given by your instructor. You just have to take a stance and build good arguments to establish your position.